MrBeast’s Girlfriend, Thea Booysen’s First Hype Chat Donation: Raises Concerns Over Twitch’s Monetization System!

MrBeast's Girlfriend, Thea Booysen's First Hype Chat Donation: Raises Concerns Over Twitch's Monetization System!

Image Credits: Google

MrBeast’s GF, Thea Booysen is a South African YouTuber and Twitch streamer who is known for streaming various games such as Witcher 3, League of Legends, and card games, such as Gwent, under the alias TheaBeasty.

In a recent development that has caught the attention of the streaming community, Thea Booysen, girlfriend of popular YouTuber MrBeast, has expressed her concerns regarding Twitch’s monetization system.

Thea, who recently received her first $10 Hype Chat donation on the platform, was surprised to find that she only received $5.80, significantly less than what she had anticipated.

Thea Booysen’s First Hype Chat Donation

On Twitter, Thea shared her disappointment, stating, “This weekend, I received my first $10 Hype Chat donation on @Twitch. I was pretty excited at first, but according to my stats, I only received $5.80 of the donation. I thought this was supposed to be a 70/30 split???”

Her tweet has since sparked a conversation among streamers and viewers alike, questioning the fairness and transparency of Twitch’s monetization model.

Twitch, a leading live streaming platform, has traditionally employed a revenue-sharing model where streamers receive 70% of the revenue generated through subscriptions, donations, and ad revenue, while Twitch retains the remaining 30%. However, Thea’s experience raises questions about whether this split is being accurately implemented.

Less Sustainable to Stream on Twitch Alone

Thea, who boasts a sizable following and has been actively streaming on Twitch, provided some context to her concerns. She mentioned that during the stream in question, her channel reached a peak of 300 concurrent viewers, resulting in a total of $7.32 in earnings.

She further emphasized that given the current state of Twitch’s monetization system, relying solely on the platform for streaming is becoming increasingly unsustainable.

Fans response to Thea Booysen’s Post

Mostly the response of fans is positive about her post.

Who is Thea Booysen(Beasty)?

MrBeast’s GF, Thea Booysen is a well known Youtuber, Twitch streamer, Social Media Star, Author and Internet Personality from Cape Town, South Africa. She is popularly known as popular streamer.

What does Thea Booysen do for a living?

Beasty AKA Thea Booysen is a South African model and influencer with over 250,000 followers on Instagram.

Who is MrBeast’s Girlfriend right now?

MrBeast’s present girlfriend Thea Booysen is an upcoming internet star. Thea Booysen has a Twitch channel by the name of TheaBeasty. Her YouTube channel is also known for a similar title. In addition to that, she has been quite popular on Facebook as well, garnering close to 18,000 followers.


In response to the growing outcry, Twitch has yet to issue an official statement regarding Thea’s specific case.

However, it remains to be seen whether this incident will prompt the platform to reassess its monetization system and provide streamers with the necessary transparency and reassurances they seek.

Lets See what would happen next.

Stay Connected!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *